Friday, January 4, 2008

Dreams?


Every time I open my arms,

I feel the gentle brush of breeze,

On my cheeks,

Against my palms.

The loose flaps of my shirt sing in sync with the howling of the passing wind.


Everyday I wish for the day to come,

The day filled with creamy white fluffy clouds that are imprinted on the clear flat azure blue skies,

The day that hosts the recitals of the crickets in the open plains,

The day when I could just freely hop onto piles of dried brown leaves,

The day where butterflies put on their best costumes personifying the characters from the ballet masterpiece "Swan Lake".


Everyone,

I bet,

At certain periods of their life,

Hope to soar up high in the skies,

Hope to lay upon soft carpet of grass and enjoy the graceful sight of passing clouds that might sometime take the forms of our favourite cartoon characters.


But once again...

Every time,

Everyday,

My dreams seemed to drift further,

I felt as though every moment I try to reach further,

I will lose my balance and fall back to square one.

I do not know when is the best time to let go,

When is the best time to grab tightly,

Until now.... I'm still pondering....


No comments: