Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ripples within the waves of life

I like the colour yellow. It lightens me up, cheers me up and perks me up. To me its an extraordinary colour that would remain as it is no matter how bad the surrounding environment is. It is a colour that brings life to those that are suffering in darkness. It is a colour that brings hope to people.

I guess everything in life is hard to balance and hard to grasp. At times when you thought that you had fully understand the meaning of certain stuffs in life...someone would be there to prove you wrong. That is when you will start to question on your own beliefs...causing your central pillar of credence to be shaken.

For the past few years, I had always been asking myself if I had done too many a good things for others. (Not that I'm a saint or anything...and not as though I had done a million of nice stuffs to people)...but credibly I'm always thinking for others first before myself. Because I had this mentality for a really long time..which is ; everything works within a cycle, if you are nice to someone..maybe a day later or a yr later or even a decade later he or she will eventually repay you. And it makes my heart tickles when i see someone smile or showing signs of gratitude towards me.

But once again...under the reality of life and the crucial means of survivability in the adult world ...such simple application of the simple equation good=good is never valid. Therefore at times...learning how to say NO and be firm with your own stand is encouraged. Being a devil for once or twice can actually prevent future complications..such as people starting to treat you as a slave..people starting to make use of your '' goodness'' for their own benefits...people start to climb over your head.

Until now I do not know whether it is a blessing a not for me to be able to think so much...being able to analyze stuffs so detailedly. Sometimes it troubles me but at times it allows me to see more things in life as compared to others...( especially those who lives within their own lives of selfishness)

No comments: